Services are now INSIDE
We are excited to announce that we are officially back inside for all of our church services! However, things will look a little different as we work to do all we can to keep everyone safe and comply with recommendations at this time. Before attending please read our guidelines.READ GUIDELINES
We take your health and safety very seriously.
We are excited to announce that we are officially back inside for all church services! Our new permanent service times are Sundays at 9:00am & 11:15am and Thursdays at 7:00pm.
Sanctuary doors open at 8:30am (for our 9:00am service) and 10:45am (for our 11:15am service). Please arrive early to secure your seat.
With the recent declaration by the US Supreme Court that prior restrictions on churches violate the Constitution, and with Los Angeles County’s recent reversal of its order prohibiting indoor worship services, we are happy to announce that we can meet indoors on Sundays and Thursdays with a number of safety precautions in place! (Currently we are only offering services for adults and Youth aged junior high and high school; Nursery and Kingz Kidz ministries will reopen on February 7th and more information will be provided ahead of this date about the protocols we will have in place for these ministries.)
Disclaimer: While we are committed to the safety and well-being of all who enter in through our doors and will take the following steps to ensure this, Newlife Pomona cannot guarantee a lack of exposure to COVID-19 or any other communicable disease. Attendance of any indoor gathering carries with it some inherent risk. For those who would prefer, we offer outdoor seating for our services along with continued live-streaming for those who would feel most comfortable remaining home. By attending any of our in-person services, you assume the risk and liability associated with these activities for yourself and any minor dependents in your care.
Although things will look different when you return, we want to ensure that your safety and well-being is our top-priority, and want to thank you for your patience ahead of time.
We believe with the implementations we have in place, we can create an environment of safety and excellence for you and your family to come to church once again.
Below is an outline of the precautions, directions, and measures that will be in place for attendance based off of our State of California government, CDC, and Los Angeles County guidelines:
• If you have flu-like symptoms, or have been recently sick or been in contact with someone with COVID-19, please do not attend in person.
• If you have pre-existing medical conditions, a compromised immune system, or are over the age of 65, please consider whether you would prefer to attend online for your safety.
• Entrance and exit points will be clearly marked with designated signs. Entrants will be required to wait in a line distanced 6 feet apart from others to be temperature checked and shown to a seat.
• When you exit the building, please use the marked exit only.
◦ If you need to use the bathroom after service, please exit the building and re-enter through the front door.
• Individual temperature checks will be taken at the door of each person by a Newlife team member. You must have your temperature checked before entering.
◦ Temperature of 99.4F or higher will need additional screening and potential refusal of entry if necessary.
• Masks covering your nose and mouth are required when entering, connecting with others, praying, and exiting the building.
Occupancy & Seating:
• Limited Capacity - in order to socially distance households inside the sanctuary, we are limited to approximately 110 total guests per service. This means we may not be able to accommodate everyone. If you are not able to enter for our first service, we encourage you to come back for second service.
• Seating will be first come first serve - we will not be doing pre-registered seats or any seat saving. Please arrive early.
• Seats will be positioned in family units 6 feet apart (Single seats are available).
• We will adhere to a 6 ft social distancing order both outside and inside the facility. This will remain in place for the initial check in outside the building, filtering people inside the building, and in the seating process.
• Please do not congregate in the foyer, parking lot, or any other areas.
• The Cafe will remain closed at this time.
• We ask that you avoid physical contact with others - be creative and offer air hugs and waves, and do not ‘lay hands’ on anyone, hug, or shake hands.
• Please utilize hand sanitizing stations.
• We will not be passing around a basket for tithes and offerings during service. For giving, we have several safe options for you; online via newlifepomona website, the offering boxes in the sanctuary, or by texting "give newlife" to 77977 on your cell phone.
Outdoor seating available
For those who feel more comfortable attending service outdoors, we will have a tent on the west side of the sanctuary with audio/visual of the service. This will enable you to still attend and safely connect with people outdoors. We ask that you still wear a mask while outdoors due to regulations.
Kingz Kidz and Nursery:
Kingz Kidz and Nursery re-launches on Sunday, February 7th! (Kingz Kidz is available 2nd service only)
• Families with children, we will be resuming our Kingz Kidz ministry for age 2 (potty trained) through 5th grade during second service beginning Sunday, February 7th.
◦ We are taking a few extra weeks to gather our Kingz Kidz volunteers and ensure we have measures in place to keep the kids department clean and safe.
• During this season, due to limited volunteers, we are only opening Kingz Kidz during 2nd service for the time being.
Here are some additional steps we are taking
to ensure a fun, safe environment for every child!
Masks/shields are required for all K-5th graders and leaders.
Masks/shields are optional for younger ages.
Temperature checks will be taken before entering the building.
Drop off and pick up will be limited to ONE family member to reduce traffic in the children’s area.
No outside food, toys, or items will be allowed in the classrooms, with the exception of diapers and bottles.
To ensure we are providing a healthy environment for children and volunteers, prior to check-in, you will be asked a series of health questions.
Drop off for Kingz Kidz is upstairs - drop off will strictly be up the central stairwell and the exit will be down the east stairwell. Drop off for the nursery is downstairs.
Enhanced cleaning throughout all children’s ministries have been implemented.
We can't wait to welcome our Kingz Kidz and Little Treasures back!
We look forward to connecting once again with your child and are expecting God to pour out amazing, new things for each of His kids this year!
Ignite Youth Group:
Newlife Ignite Youth (Jr High and High School) currently have Sunday Youth Group at the 11:15am service only (will meet after worship).
These are the temporary guidelines to allow us to begin worshipping together in person. We will be evaluating and modifying any of these measures as we progress through this season.
By joining us in person you consent to cooperate with these measures.
We look forward to you joining us inside! If you do not feel comfortable returning to church indoors, again, please consider our outside option, or join us online.
Want to give?
Now more than ever people in our community are in need. We're doing all we can to increase our efforts to help. We are always looking for practical ways to show Jesus' love. Would you consider giving to help support what we are doing?
Join Us Online
While we work on setting up live streaming we will be streaming our services on Facebook Live. Join us live on Thursdays at 7pm or Sundays 9am via Facebook or find the archives on our Facebook page.
We're praying for you
If you or someone you know has a prayer request please let us know how we can be standing with you in prayer.
Find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19
Study the bible with your kids at home with lessons online
Newlife Reading Plans
Read a chapter a day with us as we study the Word together as a Church.